Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Susan Boyle

OK wow. So I was going to post part FOUR of Model today, but after seeing this YouTube clip I had no choice but to change plans.

This is Susan Boyle, a homely (to say the least) woman who appeared on Britian's Got Talent. She is NOT easy to understand but there were three key speaking points:
  1. "Never been kissed" (take that Drew Barrymore)
  2. "I live alone with my cat named Pebbles, never been married"
  3. "Nearly 48, unemployed but still looking"
She sings "I Dreamed a Dream" - lyrics are posted below the video. Truly worth watching the whole thing - trust me!

Damn Girl!
(click here)

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

4 comments:

SmallbutMighty said...

Are the two dufus hosts the same guys from Love, Actually. I think they are :)

ktmccoy said...

never been kissed- "but not for not trying"

ktmccoy said...

Oh- and I love how she is eating a sandwich in the beginning, alone, in the background...

Anne Paige said...

The video cut out right before her and Simon made out. P.s. that is one of my FAVORITE songs.